Work with Habitat for Humanity of Snohomish County
Veteran Fellowship through The Mission Continues
Description: We are searching for a post 9/11 veteran that would be eligible through The Mission Continues for a fellowship with Habitat Snohomish. The fellowship is 20 hours per week with a stipend from The Mission Continues. The position offered is to set up a volunteer coordinator position at Habitat Snohomish. This is a new paid position we would like to implement for the future and are seeking a fellow to get us started.
Please send a resume and cover letter to Guinn Rogers at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Volunteer opportunities are available year round and can help build your resume, click here to learn more.
Donation Pick-up Helper – Help us get the goods
Photographer – We need your visin
Event Coordinators – Do you like Party Planning?
Habitat for Humanity of Snohomish County is looking to fill a fall quarter multimedia internship position for credit. The position asks for 10-20 hours per week with a flexible start and end date. Some hours can be worked remotely, but we’d like the intern in office at least once per week. We are looking for a college junior or senior with an eye for design and experience with video and other visual journalism concepts.
The intern will create media content for our organization including pieces about our organization as a whole, partner families, The Store and volunteers. This would be in the form of PSAs and other photo and video content that informs the public about our organization. These photos videos would be posted to our website, played at donor events and distributed to the media on occasion.
Skills and Qualifications
- Must own or have access to photo and basic video equipment and video editing software (FinalCut Pro, IMovie, etc.)
- Familiar with video editing software and Adobe Creative Suite
- Understanding of visual design concepts
- Must have excellent interviewing, writing and video/photo skills
- Enjoy working with people and be willing to leave the office to conduct interviews and shoot photos/video
- Must be willing to work with little direction and give input on project ideas
- Assist with ad and promotional material design, writing blog content and help with other writing materials
- Must have a passion for helping others and have a basic understanding of what Habitat for Humanity does. An interest in helping low-income communities and nonprofit work is preferable.
- This position will work closely with the resource development desk
Compensation: For credit only
Please contact Katie at email@example.com if you are interested.