A general update for the HFHSC Builder Community. Eight weeks before TCV Phase 1 construction start 7/1/17 10a.
– Plan in permit review.With permit desk feedback baked into TCV Phase 1 V6 the city accepted plans for review (5/15). Likely case we have permits 7/24, or 10 weeks out. (review building plans here)
– Plans were accepted, but an important drawing (site drawing) needed adjustment. And an additional public work permit form was required. Those items completed Tue. Thanks Diana for fast turn on site plan. We now wait for feedback/questions from city.
– TCV project signs/banners developed for affiliate event this Sat. Signs will move to site after event. Please join us 11-3 at the big Hwy 9 and Marsh road (same place as last year). Link below for more info. Will also use construction sandwich boards at event. Indoor construction display for TCV Phase 1 plans and banner.
– In talks with builders about helping us remove 917 (we rent machine, he pilots, and trains us) Target for 6/19 demo start for 1 week duration. Also, requesting bid from Wrecking Ball Demo on 917 (demo plan b). Also getting price to demo garage at SE corner.
– Will purchase temp electrical pole permit, and install our regular pole at discussed location (2′ S of existing power pole SE of 917). After inspection by city, and PUD, connection will be requested. PUD will remove service drop to 917 at same time as connecting temp power.
– Contacted two tree removal services (Robert Jefferies and Smith Bros). Quotes later this week. Target tree removal on or after 5/22 and before demo on 6/19.
– No action on Gold Bar 2. Survey and soils analysis next up. We’ll stay true to “engage Hwy 2 corridor” donor base” by looking first for suppliers in Snohomish/Monroe/points E (surveyors, geo-tech services).
– Great applicant for Americorps construction lead position, but no word on offer. Recruiting continues. If you know a person who wants to build houses, and would’t mind earning some income learning along with us, please share contact info.
– Now that construction is weeks away more builders are interested in the plan. Look for construction updates weekly. Questions or feedback contact Chris Anderson, HFHSC construction manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.