How to Volunteer
Transform your community by volunteering with Habitat for Humanity of Snohomish County! Your participation as a volunteer helps local families build strength, stability and self-reliance.
New volunteers are required to complete an orientation prior to their service with Habitat Snohomish. To best comply with current COVID-19 social distancing guidelines, we are currently offering an online orientation for your safety and convenience. Please complete the online orientation here (click on the “new volunteer registration” tab) and once completed, we will follow up once your registration is complete (within 1-2 business days) with additional information on how to sign-up for your volunteer shifts!
We currently do not have construction opportunities. Please check back for construction opportunities in 2021.
Make affordable housing a reality for hard-working families in Snohomish County by volunteering with Habitat Snohomish in one of the following areas:
- Habitat Stores in Lynnwood, Everett, Smokey Point: Shelving, donations receiving, cashiering
- Donations truck for remote donation pickups, Monday through Friday (For position description, click here)
- Office: Graphic design, data entry, front desk/phones
- Volunteer Programs Assistant (For position description, click here)
- Committees: Family Services, Construction, Faith Relations, Real Estate, Resource Development and Veterans
- Real Estate Committee Member (For position description, click here)
- Board of Directors, current opportunities:
- Repair Service Builders: When our home repair service launches, we will have opportunities to volunteer on-site. Please check back for more information regarding this future opportunity.
- We currently do not have construction opportunities. Please check back for construction opportunities in 2021.
Please attend volunteer orientation to learn more about these opportunities.
What To Expect
- A morning huddle begins the day at each volunteer site to outline the day’s agenda and safety precautions
- All equipment is provided and no experience is necessary, Habitat supervisors train volunteers to complete assigned work
- Habitat provides a safe and enjoyable work space for volunteers. You’ll walk away feeling you made a difference in our community!
Court Ordered Community Service
Habitat Snohomish conducts a background check on all prospective volunteers. Court ordered volunteers are required to volunteer in our Lynnwood, Smokey Point or Everett Stores and must complete a minimum 20 hours of community service. Questions about criminal history and court order eligibility can be directed to our Volunteer Engagement Manager, Karisa Lee, at email@example.com.