How to Volunteer
Transform your community by volunteering with Habitat for Humanity of Snohomish County! Your participation as a volunteer helps local families build strength, stability and self-reliance.
New volunteers are required to complete an orientation prior to their service with Habitat Snohomish. To best comply with current COVID-19 social distancing guidelines, we are currently offering an online orientation for your safety and convenience. Please complete the online orientation here (click on the “new volunteer registration” tab. Once completed, we will follow up once your registration is complete (within 1-2 business days).
Please note: if you have completed volunteer orientation and have not heard back within 1-2 business days, please check your spam or junk folder!
Make affordable housing a reality for hard-working families in Snohomish County by volunteering with Habitat Snohomish in one of the following areas:
- Habitat Stores in Lynnwood, Everett, Smokey Point: Shelving, donations receiving, cashiering
- Office: Graphic design, data entry, front desk/phones.
- Committees: Family Services, Construction, Faith Relations, Real Estate, Resource Development and Veterans.
- Real Estate Committee Member (For position description, click here).
- Repair Service Builders: We currently have openings! Our repair projects are typically Thursday through Saturday, at least two weeks a month.
Please complete our online volunteer orientation to learn more about these opportunities.
Currently, we do not have an active build and group opportunities are somewhat limited. Groups interested in volunteering should visit our groups page or contact our Volunteer Engagement Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to be notified when more group opportunities become available.
What To Expect
- A morning huddle begins the day at each volunteer site to outline the day’s agenda and safety precautions.
- All equipment is provided and no experience is necessary, Habitat supervisors train volunteers to complete assigned work.
- Habitat provides a safe and enjoyable work space for volunteers. You’ll walk away feeling you made a difference in our community!
Court Ordered Community Service
Habitat Snohomish conducts a background check on all prospective volunteers. Court ordered volunteers are required to volunteer in our Lynnwood, Smokey Point or Everett Stores and must complete a minimum 20 hours of community service.
Please note, any shifts that extend beyond 6 hours per day require you to take a 30-minute rest break by law. Your rest break will not be included in your total service hours ( i.e. If you complete a 9:30 – 5:00p shift, you will receive credit for 7 hours for that day. You will not receive service credit for your 30-minute break).
Questions about criminal history and court ordered eligibility can be directed to our Volunteer Engagement Manager, Karisa Lee, at email@example.com.