Our volunteer program is looking for an assistant! Check out the position description below.
Volunteer Opportunity: Volunteer Programs Assistant
Volunteer Engagement Manager, Karisa Lee – Habitat for Humanity of Snohomish County
The ideal candidate will be able to make a long-term commitment (6+ months). Approximately 5-10 hours per week to begin, with potential for additional hours over time
Flexible after initial training (will occur at a mutually agreed upon time)
In-Person or Virtual?
This is primarily an in-person opportunity with the potential to split time between in-person and virtual work after initial training
16929 Hwy 99 Suite 100, Lynnwood, WA 98037
The Volunteer Programs Assistants provide support to the Volunteer Engagement Manager, primarily with administrative duties and coordination of volunteer programs with the likelihood of added duties/and responsibilities over time.
The Volunteer Programs Assistant key responsibilities will include tasks such as:
- Assist in maintaining the volunteer services e-mail account and respond to prospective volunteers
- Help maintain volunteer recruitment ads and online accounts, and assist with the expansion of outreach efforts for volunteers
- Help maintain department’s administrative files
- Support internal and external communications projects
- Perform research projects as needed
- Update volunteer hours and information in volunteer database
- Assist in monitoring the volunteer award and recognition programs
- Assist with recognition and other event projects as needed
- Other duties, as assigned
- Reliable, punctual, honest and friendly
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality
- Interest in assisting volunteers from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to remain courteous, professional, patient and respectful at all times
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) and Google Suite (Gmail, Sheets, Docs, etc.)
- Comfortable working independently
- Presents a professional (business casual) appearance
- Excellent communication skills and can act with diplomacy and tact
- Prior office experience preferred
This volunteer will coordinate all work with and report to the Volunteer Engagement Manager. If you are interested in applying, please contact Karisa at email@example.com.
Download this description here.