We’ve got a great new volunteer opportunity: Donation Coordination Assistant! Learn more below.
Volunteer Opportunity: Volunteer Donation Coordination Assistant
Material Donations Manager, Cydney Watkins – Habitat for Humanity of Snohomish County
Volunteer Engagement Manager, Karisa Lee – Habitat for Humanity of Snohomish County
The ideal candidate will be able to make a long-term commitment (6+ months). Approximately 15+ hours per week to begin, with potential for additional hours over time
Flexible after initial training (will occur at a mutually agreed upon time)
In-Person or Virtual?
This is an In-Person (office setting) opportunity. We are very flexible, and the Material Donations Manager will be able to determine the best fit for their schedule.
16929 Hwy 99 Suite 100, Lynnwood, WA 98037
The Volunteer Donation Coordinator Assistant will learn to handle incoming calls that come into the Habitat Snohomish Donation Line. This position will answer material donation questions, assist in screening offered donations and help to set donation pick-up appointments. Once trained, this position will have the ability to work independently in our office on these tasks.
The Volunteer Donation Coordinator’s key responsibilities will include tasks such as:
- Answering incoming calls to our Donation Line.
- Screen donations over the phone, and at times in person, and then schedule donation pickups.
- Serve as a liaison between the donor and our driver throughout their shift.
- Data entry
- Provide excellent service to all donors, primarily through phone and e-mail
- Assist in managing scheduling for the truck
- Providing administrative support as may be needed.
- Ability to comfortably explain Habitat’s mission to our donors and understand how the stores play a critical role in the mission
- Clear and friendly communication
- Ability to provide professional customer service over phone and e-mail
- Ability to manage mapping and follow up logistics associated with scheduling drivers and responding to donors in a timely fashion
- Ability to remain courteous, professional, patient, and respectful at all times
- Basic computer skills for data entry
- Comfortable working independently and also in a team environment
- Understanding of a retail environment
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills and can act with diplomacy and tact
- Ability to multi-task
This volunteer will coordinate all work with and report to the Material Donations Manager. All volunteer opportunities require that you complete an online volunteer orientation as well as a background check.
For any questions, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by phone at 425.405.7156
To download this position description, click here.