Remodeling, cleaning, downsizing or just getting organized? Whatever your project, don’t let your extra items or materials end up in your local landfill. Habitat Stores divert hundreds of tons from landfills each year, accepting hard-to-dispose-of items including new and used furniture, appliances, home décor, tools and surplus building materials. In many cases, pickup service at your home or job site is available for large donations.
Our staff is here to make gift-in-kind donations as easy as possible for local businesses and construction companies. We can arrange one-time donations of excess material, or establish long-term partnerships with recurring donations.
You can donate goods in person at our stores. Donation hours are from 10 am to 2 pm Tuesday through Saturday. Please review the list of what we do and do not accept first.
Update: Our donation pick-up services are not currently available and we are unable to schedule any donation pick-ups at this time. The donation centers at each of our three stores in Lynnwood, Everett, and Smokey Point are open and happy to receive your donations during their open donation hours (10am to 2pm Tuesday through Saturday):
16929 Hwy 99, Lynnwood, WA 98037, 425-405-7153
2302 Broadway, Everett, WA 98201, 425-354-3343
17020 Smokey Point Blvd, Arlington, WA 98223, 425-659-1346
Thank you for your continued support of our Habitat Stores and our larger Habitat mission to serve our communities!
Items we accept
Electric appliances must be clean and in 100% working order with no missing parts. Dishwashers must be made in 2014 or later and have EPA verification. All appliances must be less than 10 years old.
We accept clean cabinets in complete units with doors and drawers attached. Please remove protruding nails and screws. We accept shelving. (We are unable to accept cabinets with tile countertops.)
We accept interior panel type and exterior doors in good condition only. They must not have holes, cracks, rot, mold, or scratches. If with the frame, please remove nails, Interior doors must not be painted. Doors stained by the manufacturer are okay. We also accept standard sliding glass doors.
We accept new residential electrical wiring components: breaker boxes, wiring, switches, outlets, cover plates, and conduits.
We accept full boxes of new vinyl or laminate flooring in original packaging-must be enough to cover 60 sq. ft. We do not accept area rugs. No laminate flooring made in China accepted.
We accept household furniture such as sofas and easy chairs as long as there are no tears, stains, pet hairs, or odors and are no older than 10 years. We accept bed frames, head, and footboards, Dining tables must have a least 4 matching chairs.
We accept general household hardware in the original packaging, commercial, and industrial hardware on a case-by-case basis.
Unopened packages only.
We accept most light fixtures in working condition. We accept new light bulbs in original packaging. Lamps must be complete with shade(s).
Lumber, plywood, sheetrock, trim
We accept full and half sheets of plywood, sheetrock, and other sheet goods. We accept full lengths of unpainted lumber, decking, and trim over 4 feet long. Please, no rot, screws, or nails in the lumber.
Paint, wall coverings
We accept full unopened original containers of latex paint not over 5 years old.
If you have paint that does not fit these parameters, go to www.paintcare.org, where you can type your zip code and find a location near you that can accept your paint.
We accept clean drain vent and waste pipe over 4 feet long. We accept showers, sinks, tubs (no nicks, scratches, rust, please), and vanities in good, clean condition. We accept clean, low flush (1.6 GPF) toilets with wax ring removed.
We accept all types of roofing, such as rolled roofing, metal roofing, bundles of new shingles, and gutters in full pieces.
We accept new tile in the original boxes- must be enough to cover 20 sq. ft.
We accept all hand tools and electric tools in working condition. We accept working gas-powered equipment drained of gas.
We accept double pane vinyl windows of not over 5 feet in either dimension in complete working order.
Items we do not accept:
- Anything broken or incomplete or items that have rust, mildew, rot, or are otherwise past their useful life
- Unframed single or double pane glass, unframed mirrors
- Pesticides, fuels, fireworks, hazardous materials, weapons, unmarked containers
- Bulk products (liquids, gel, pastes, powders) not in the original container
- Electronics and/or used electrical components
- Carpet, coving, area rugs.
- Flat hallow doors, painted interior doors
- Gas appliances, cooktops
- Clothing, bedding, futons, mattresses, box springs, sleeper sofas, window blinds (Each of our stores has a Clothes for Kids donation box. Clean, high quality clothes can be donated there)
- Fluorescent or halogen fixtures or bulbs; gold fixtures, commercial lighting
- Furnaces, wood and pellet stoves, fireplace inserts, space heaters or air conditioners
- Jetted tubs, cast iron sinks, or cast iron tubs
- Water heaters, water supply pipe, heat pumps, kitchen or bathroom faucets made prior to 2014
- Shower/tub doors, mirrored closet doors
- Drafting tables, pool tables, garage doors, china cabinets, entertainment centers, or office furniture
- Recreational/sports equipment, sewing machines
- No glass top coffee or end tables.