How to Volunteer
Transform your community by volunteering with Habitat for Humanity of Snohomish County! Your participation as a volunteer helps local families build strength, stability and self-reliance.
New volunteers are required to attend an orientation prior to their service with Habitat Snohomish. Orientation is offered at least twice per month and provides the opportunity for volunteers to learn about Habitat Snohomish and ways they can get involved. Please sign up for an orientation here.
Make affordable housing a reality for hard-working families in Snohomish County by volunteering with Habitat Snohomish in one of the following areas:
- Home construction
- Habitat Stores: Lynnwood, Everett, Smokey Point,
- Donations Truck
- Committees: family services, construction, faith relations, real estate, resource development and Veterans Build
- Board of Directors
Please attend volunteer orientation to learn more about these opportunities.
What To Expect
- A morning huddle begins the day at each volunteer site to outline the day’s agenda and safety precautions
- All equipment is provided and no experience is necessary, Habitat supervisors train volunteers to complete assigned work
- Habitat provides a safe and enjoyable work space for volunteers. You’ll walk away feeling you made a difference in our community!
Court Ordered Community Service
Habitat Snohomish conducts a background check on all prospective volunteers. Court ordered volunteers are required to volunteer in our Lynnwood or Everett Store and must complete a minimum 20 hours of community service. Questions about criminal history and court order eligibility can be directed to our Volunteer Engagement Manager.