Now Hiring: Donations Truck Driver
Material Donations Driver Job Description
Habitat for Humanity of Snohomish County is accepting applications for a paid Material Donations Driver. This is a full time position.
The Habitat Stores are a growing retail group run by Habitat for Humanity of Snohomish County. They are entirely supplied by donations, largely staffed by volunteers and the proceeds benefit Habitat for Humanity in Snohomish County. The Material Donations Driver will manage all donation truck activities: driving an 18 ft box truck, working with donors, coordinating acceptance and pick-up of donations, loading and packing the truck on pick-up trips, and unloading donations at the Stores. The position will also manage maintenance, cleaning, and repair of the Store truck.
Ideal candidates will be enthusiastic with excellent people skills, organized, possess a high level of initiative, discretion and independent judgment, and will thrive with personal interaction. This position requires the ability to work closely with people of varied background, interest, and ability as Volunteers and Donors. Must be able to quickly establish rapport with people and leave a positive impression at all times.
Material Donations Driver is responsible for:
1) Driving truck for materials pick-up activities.
2) Delivering a consistently excellent materials pick-up donor experience.
3) Personally oversee and participate in truck loading, packing and unloading activities.
4) Creating a fun, supportive and safe experience for volunteer helpers.
5) Managing truck maintenance to meet maintenance requirements.
6) Other activities assigned by management
Required Skills and Abilities:
1) Friendly, outgoing demeanor – customer service attitude
2) Excellent written and oral communication in English
3) Able to work with Staff, Volunteers, Customers and Donors
4) Ability to drive an 18 foot box truck safely and courteously. No special license needed.
5) Ability to safely lift 75 lbs occasionally and properly use equipment to move and handle a wide variety of materials in a variety of situations.
6) Able to work with Garmin navigation, maps and truck tracking software.
Important Knowledge and Competencies:
1) Understanding of good customer service principles
2) Knowledge of Washington driving laws and rules of the road.
3) Knowledge of hardware, tools, building materials, appliances and furniture is helpful.
1) Valid Washington State Driver’s License with a clear driving record required. No special endorsement is needed
2) Must pass a criminal history and sex offender background check.
3) This is a no smoking, no vaping work environment.
Please contact the Habitat for Humanity of Snohomish County office at 425-258-6289 with questions or to apply.