We’re hiring for an Assistant Store Manager at our Lynnwood location! See the description below. Applications can be downloaded below and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes and cover letters are welcomed, but not required.
Job Description: Assistant Store Manager
Position: Assistant Store Manager – Lynnwood Habitat Store
Department: Lynnwood Habitat Store
Reports to: Store Manager – Lynnwood Habitat Store
Position Type: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Schedule: 40 hours/week (Tuesday through Saturday)
Compensation: Starting @ $17/hr, paid training, paid time off, health insurance, dental insurance, HSA spending/reimbursement account.
Habitat for Humanity of Snohomish County (HFHSC) brings people together to build homes, community and hope. Working alongside each other, we help families and individuals build and improve places to call home and achieve the strength, stability and self-reliance they need to build better lives for themselves. Habitat seeks individuals who have a willingness to affirm these principles and values.
The Habitat Stores generate revenue through the sale of donated surplus building materials and household items to support HFHSC’s operating budget. The stores facilitate recycling, minimizes landfill waste, provides low-cost home improvement items, and increases Habitat’s visibility in the community. It embraces, supports and promotes the mission of HFH: a world where everyone has a decent place to live.
The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for helping to ensure the store is operating safely and effectively, customers and donors are consistently given a high level of customer service, and that volunteers are provided with a rewarding and positive experience. This position is predominantly responsible for all operational areas, including the sales floor, donation center, and backroom, and supports the Store Manager in meeting operational goals and objectives.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the store, including supervision of staff and volunteers and the delegation of tasks to provide an efficient and profitable work environment
- Work on the sales floor directing staff and volunteers in the organizing, pricing, and sales of donated materials. This will at times include lifting, forklift driving, and leading projects within the store
- Greet donors while receiving, processing, and tracking donations at the donation center
- Interact with customers on a daily basis; being aware of sales trends, regular customers, and to solve any situations that may require managerial input
- Ensure that the store is a safe place to work for both volunteers and staff. This includes the regular maintenance of equipment, facility, materials and storage safety
- Provide administrative support, such as answering phone calls and inquiries regarding the store and donations and/or performing data entry, emailing, and filing.
- Operate cash register/POS, customer service, balance transactions and bank deposits at the end of the day
- Opening and closing the store along with other duties as needed.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma with relevant retail experience; experience with hardware, furniture, or construction materials preferred.
- Experience in supervision and leading employees or volunteers preferred.
- Have a strong passion for the organization’s mission
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate positively and effectively with customers, volunteers, donors, and fellow employees.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team with energy, enthusiasm, and persistence.
- Proven organization and time management skills including the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and produce high quality results quickly and on time;
- Critical problem-solving skills with the ability to adapt to rapidly changing conditions with unexpected shifts in priorities.
- Ability to safely operate store equipment such as hand trucks, dollies, pallet jack, and other hand and power tools
- Able to safely lift 50 pounds. Job requires bending, kneeling, and reaching often in awkward or tiring positions. Bulk of time will be spent standing, walking, and otherwise assisting customers.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office and Point of Sale (POS) systems
- Dress appropriately, have a neat appearance and wear store logo and nametag.
- Background check required
Download this job description here.
Download the application here.