We are looking for a truck driver’s assistant volunteer. Read the description below and get involved today!
As a Volunteer Truck Driver’s Assistant, you will ride along with the truck driver to help pick up donations for the Lynnwood and Everett Stores. The truck leaves from the Lynnwood location each day. Shifts are Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., however, the truck often returns much earlier than 3:30.
To comply with current CDC social distancing guidelines, we are currently only able to have one volunteer ride on the truck each day. Volunteers will also be required to wear gloves and masks (provided) during the duration of their shift. Donations are retrieved from outside the residence, so contact with donors is extremely minimal if any.
- Ride in the truck to various locations throughout Snohomish County to pick up donations
- Help driver load donations into the truck
- Assist with unloading donations upon return to the store
- Learn about Habitat and be able to provide material donors with additional information about the organization and stores
- Must be able to lift heavy objects with one other person (furniture, building materials, etc.)while utilizing available tools (hand truck, dollies, tie-down straps, etc.) for safety and ease of transport
- Must be friendly and have a customer service type personality
Volunteer shifts are available Monday through Friday 9-3:30.
Please visit habitatsnohomish.org/volunteer to learn more and to complete a new volunteer orientation. All volunteers must complete an orientation before they can volunteer. Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions.